Terms of service
These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all deliveries from Black-Glass GmbH to consumers.
A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is predominantly neither commercial nor self-employed.
The purchase contract is concluded with Black-Glass GmbH Peutestrasse 53C, 20539 Hamburg
Commercial register: District Court Hamburg HRB 148975
conclusion of contract
- The presentation of the products in the online shop does not constitute a legally binding offer, but only an invitation to place an order.
By clicking the [Buy/order with costs] button, you place a binding order for the goods listed on the order page. Your purchase contract is concluded when we accept your order with an order confirmation email immediately after receipt of your order.
- The prices stated on the product pages include statutory VAT and other price components.
- Delivery within Germany is free, takes place via UPS and usually takes 2-4 days.
- In addition to the stated prices, we calculate shipping costs per order for deliveries outside of Germany. The shipping costs will be clearly communicated to you again on the product pages, in the shopping cart system and on the order page.
When paying by cash on delivery, an additional fee of 6.90 euros is due, which the deliverer charges on site. There are no other taxes or costs.
- Delivery within Germany is free, takes place via UPS and usually takes 2-4 days. Any deviating delivery times are indicated on the respective product page.
Deliveries abroad are made via UPS, the delivery times are shown on the order page.
- Payment can be made either by bank transfer, credit card, Paypal or Apple Pay or cash on delivery.
If you select the payment method in advance/bank transfer, we will give you our bank details in the order confirmation and deliver the goods after receipt of payment.
- The goods remain our property until full payment has been made.
The EU Commission has created an internet platform for the online settlement of disputes. The platform serves as a point of contact for the out-of-court settlement of disputes relating to contractual obligations arising from online sales contracts. More information is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. We are willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board to settle disputes with consumers or are obliged to do so in accordance with ____ (statement of the legal norm or contractual agreement). The responsible consumer arbitration board is: Universal Arbitration Board of the Federal Center for Arbitration e.V., Straßburger Straße 8, 77694 Kehl am Rhein, www.verbraucher-schlichter.de. To settle the disputes mentioned, we will participate in a dispute settlement procedure before this body.
The EU Commission has created an internet platform for the online settlement of disputes. The platform serves as a point of contact for the out-of-court settlement of disputes relating to contractual obligations arising from online sales contracts. More information is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board.